Ricepaper magazine, the Asian Canadian Writers’ Workshop and Friends of Foo’s Ho Ho cordially invite you to participate in the celebration of Ricepaper‘s milestone 15th anniversary at Foo’s Ho Ho Restaurant, the oldest surviving Chinese restaurant in historic Chinatown, for a taste of pioneer-style Chinese food.
Ricepaper is Canada’s only nationally-distributed literary magazine devoted to showcasing Asian Canadian artists, writers, performers and innovators. For 15 years, Ricepaper has published important work for and about Asian Canadian community luminaries such as David Suzuki, Fred Wah, Denise Chong, and Evelyn Lau while also providing opportunities for new and emerging talent to publish their work.
The evening will be co-hosted by actor Patrick Gallagher (Glee, True Blood) and actor, radio broadcaster, and comedian Tetsuro Shigematsu and will include an 8 course meal, special celebrity guests and a raffle draw.
Date: Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 6pm
Place: Foo’s Ho Ho Restaurant, 102 East Pender Street
View Larger Map
Price: $40 donation includes a 1-year subscription to Ricepaper magazine
For reservations and tickets please contact Friends of Foo’s Ho Ho (Jacqueline): (604) 395-4274 or Ricepaper office (Patricia): (604) 872-3464 or reserve your spot online via paypal:
Raffle prizes include:
– A gift certificate from Ganache Patisserie
– Thai-Pantry-in-a-Box (culinary starter kit) from South China Seas Trading Co.
– Two complimentary tickets to Great Expectations – a February 2011 Gateway Theatre production.
– Vanessa Lowe (artwork). See Vanessa’s Eastside Culture Crawl profile here
– A set of books from Nikkei Place
– Two complimentary tickets to Red Letters, an original production from the Vancouver Asian Canadian Theatre
– Two bottles Australian Yellowtail Cabernet red wine
– Two bottles Australian Black Swan Cabernet Red wine
– Two bottles Concannon (USA) Sauvignon White wine