Cultures, Identities & Voices: An exploratory study on growing up experiences, relationships & sexual health of Asian Young Women in Toronto
- a young woman of Asian (East, Southeast and South Asian) background?
- between the ages of 18 and 23?
- born in Canada, or have lived in Canada for more than 10 years?
- are/were in erotic, romantic, or sexual relationships with (a) guy(s)?
- living in the Greater Toronto Area?
- fluent in English?
WE NEED YOUR KNOWLEDGE, INSIGHTS & PERSPECTIVES!
We are interested in learning more about how Canadian mainstream cultures and Asian heritage shape how young Asian women define their culture and gender identities, and influence their sexual health.
You will join other Asian young women in a series of 3 group discussion and use words and arts to express your ideas. You will also be asked to complete 2 pre-discussion surveys on Asian self-identity and your ideas about femininity.
- Discussion topics include: family, school, relationships, dating, stress, ideas about romance and sex, sexuality and sexual practices etc.
- Participation in this study is totally voluntary. You may withdraw at any time.
- Information you share will be kept private and confidential.
- You do not need to provide your real name.
- You will recieve a small honorarium and TTC fares each time you attend a group discussion session
* This study is funded by the Faculty of Community Services, Ryerson University
COME SHARE YOUR STORIES! YOUR IDEAS CAN HELP DEVELOP EFFECTIVE PROGRAMS TO PROMOTE THE EMOTIONAL AND SEXUAL HEALTH OF YOUNG WOMEN
For more information about joining this study, please contact:
Phone: 416.979.5000 ext. 6303 Email: email@example.com
This study is conducted by DR. JOSEPHINE P. WONG, Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing, Ryerson University
Phone: 416.979.5000 ext. 6303