2013 CanAsian International Dance Festival
presented in association with Harbourfront Centre
April 27 – May 12
CanAsian Dance presents and cultivates exceptional dance inspired by Asian ideas and expressions. Led by Artistic Director Denise Fujiwara, CanAsian has earned critical acclaim for its world-class programming. This includes the biennial CanAsian International Dance Festival – a weeklong festival of performances, matinees, films and workshops that reflect dance traditions from across Asia; as well as annual artistic, educational and professional development activities.
The 2013 CanAsian International Dance Festival features exceptional dance inspired by Asian ideas and expressions. Come witness outstanding artists from Canada, Japan and Austria performing traditional and contemporary dance work, a whirling dervish on fire, and haunting Butoh films. Beyond dance, experience contemplative photography workshops, calligraphy classes, Noodle Night, and a magical Labyrinth walk to the soothing sounds of Japanese shakuhachi flute.
- April 27 to May 12, 2013
- Harbourfront Centre (207 Queens Quay West, Toronto)
- Mainstage A: Fleck Dance Theatre – May 1 & 2 at 8:00 p.m.
- Susan Lee (Toronto)
- Jocelyne Montpetit Dance (Montreal)
- inDANCE (Toronto|Singapore)
- Mainstage B: Fleck Dance Theatre – May 3 & 4 at 8:30 p.m.
- Taketeru Kudo (Tokyo)
- FIlm Screening: Fleck Dance Theatre – May 4 at 7:30 p.m.
- Late NIght: WestJet Stage – May 2, 3 & 4 at 10:00 p.m.
- Ziya Azazi (Vienna)
- Butoh Workshop Series
- Contemplative Writing With Sara Selecky
- Contemplative Dance With Denise Fujiwara
- Contemplative Calligraphy With Noriko Maeda
- Introduction To Contemplative Photography
- Labyrinth Walks
- Noodle Night
- Festival passes $50 (includes one ticket to Mainstage A, one ticket to Mainstage B and VIP seating for Late Night)
- Single tickets $30 and $25 for students|seniors
- Available by phone at 416-973-4000 or online at HarbourFrontCentre.com
* NOTE: Details for dates, times and locations TBD