Ricepaper is a national quarterly magazine devoted to showcasing Asian Canadian artists, writers, performers and innovators since 1995. Ricepaper is published by the Asian Canadian Writers’ Workshop which has assisted Asian Canadian writers in publishing and showcasing their work since 1969.
Our mandate is to provide an alternative to mainstream media for both readers and advertisers, we strive to connect the local, national, and global community by challenging the parameters of how Asian Canadians are perceived and defined.
We’re now looking for new dedicated interns to join our awesome team. We can offer you fun times, funky Asian snacks, networking opportunities with the arts and culture communities, and the opportunity to have an inside look behind the scenes of the only Asian Canadian literary arts magazine in the country.
We are currently seeking an Online Editorial Volunteer to work part time (2-4 hours per week).
Online Editorial Volunteer will:
- Research and write content for RicepaperMagazine.ca
- Update and manage website (Wordpress)
- Upload content
- Assist in digitizing back issues
- Create and edit email newsletters
- Maintain social media networks
- Collaborate with editorial team to implement creative online ideas
- Attending weekly Editorial meetings
- Attention to detail
- Excellent editing and grammar skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Some technical knowledge of web publishing (HTML, CSS)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Advance knowledge of Hootsuite is an asset)
- Experience with programs like Wordpress, Photoshop, and Mail Chimp
- Willingness to learn
- Able to work independently
- Willing to consider commitment of at least 3 months
- What would you change about RicepaperMagazine.ca?
- What makes you visits websites regularly?
- What 3 websites do you visit daily?
Email resume and cover letter to Kristin Cheung, Managing Editor at email@example.com