CCNC Toronto is looking for an interim executive director:
Interim Executive Director
The Chinese Canadian National Council Toronto Chapter is an organization of Chinese Canadians in Toronto that promotes equity, social justice and inclusive civic participation by conducting activities in the areas of public education, systemic advocacy, community development and coalition building. We are currently seeking an Interim Executive Director to work closely with the Board of Directors to promote equity and human rights for the Chinese Canadian community in Toronto and for Canadian society in general.
· To oversee day-to-day operations of the CCNC Toronto Chapter office.
· To represent CCNCTO and become an active member on a number of committees, coalitions and advisory groups.
· To co-ordinate advocacy actions including the development of policy statements, briefs, letters, reports and proposals, on issues relevant to the Chinese Canadian community.
· To liaise with the media, government officials, funding bodies and community organizations within the City of Toronto.
· To prepare funding applications, research proposals, and program reports.
· To recruit and provide supervision and evaluation to program and support staff.
· Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will provide leadership and direction toward achievement of CCNC Toronto Chapter’s mandate, program and activities.
· Knowledge and community experience on anti-oppression and social justice advocacy
· In-depth knowledge of policies and issues affecting immigrants and visible minorities
· Knowledge of grant writing and financial management
· Knowledge and experience working with small non-profits, volunteer boards and committees
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· Working knowledge in Chinese is preferable (Mandarin and/or Cantonese)
· Well developed supervisory, administrative and organizational skills
· Excellent multi-tasking and multiple-project management abilities
Starting Salary: $ 45,000 per annum, prorated for 6 month contract with possibility of extension to full time.
Anticipated start date: May 15, 2010
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Tuesday, April 6, 2010 by 5 p.m.
APPLY IN CONFIDENCE TO:
CCNC Toronto Chapter Hiring Committee
Suite 124, 215 Spadina Avenue
Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2C7
Fax: (416) 979-3936
CCNC Toronto Chapter is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from visible minority groups, First Nations People, women, and people with disabilities. We thank all applicants but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.